October 08, 2011

Friends and Strangers





I think that life is beautiful the way God meant it to be.  I was thinking today about all the people who have had an impact on my life.  I remembered my childhood friends and happy times spent with cousins.  I remembered friends I made in my years of university studies and the new friends I've made even this year.  

Family, friends, neighbors, and even strangers have all had a part in shaping who I am.  People come in and out of our lives for a reason. I'm convinced of this.

And it hurts to go through the times of separation and/ or loss.  But once the pain is accepted I can see that it has made me stronger.  My pain, if given to God, can make me wiser.  And ultimately, I become a source of comfort to those who haven't yet walked down the same path.  

" A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better for a triple braided cord is not easily broken."  ~ Ecclesiastes 4:12

People look for role models, someone they can emulate so that one day they can give comfort to others too.  Life can be a beautiful thing even when it hurts.  And God is the one person who is with us through it all... the good years, the bad years, and the ones that haven't arrived yet.  I'm learning to put all my hope in Him and it isn't easy.  But it is definitely worth the effort.   

" And indeed everything that was written long ago in the scriptures was meant to teach us something about hope; from the examples scripture gives about how people who did not give up were helped by God." ~ Romans 15:4