June 17, 2012

Honoring Abba




"For you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's spirit when He adopted you as His own children. Now we call Him, ' Abba, Father.'"
~ Romans 8:15

I know that on Father's Day it is customary to say something about your father.  Well, as a Christian I have two.  My biological father is a good man.  I have been blessed with a father who has remained faithful to my mother and to his family.  He never raises his voice or abuses us in any way.  Even when he is tired he has time to talk with us and even help out with chores around the house.

My biological father is a man I am proud to call father and I brag about him to all of my friends.  Men like him are rare.  And I am very aware of how blessed my family and I are to have him in our lives.
I love you papi (daddy)!

But I also have a perfect father.  He created my biological father and brought me into his life to be his daughter.  And I am also God's daughter.  Romans 8:15 says that I have been adopted into God's perfect and loving family.  A family that will never die and be perfect in love and wisdom just as its perfect father is.

And although I have been blessed with two amazing fathers I am aware that many people today all over the world are not blessed in this way.  To those who may be reading this post I want to encourage you. God knows what He is doing.  Turn to Him for comfort and support when you are frustrated or grieved by your biological father.  Believe that God will be everything and beyond anything you could ever need.

God is so good to us!  He is so loving! Just imagine, He adopted you and me!  He loves you! He wants you!

Today is Father's Day.  Let your father know that He is loved and that you appreciate Him.

" But anyone who does not love does not know God, 
 for God is love."

I John 4:8

2 comments:

Beth said...

Thank you for this post!

Sincerity said...

Beth: You're welcome. Blessings to you. :)