April 14, 2011

Wonder in the Smallest of Things

I am so amazed by the detail God has put into everything He makes! Even something as small and seemingly simple as a Ladybug has so much intricacy and detail that it leaves me speechless. I never knew how a Ladybug took to flight. I just knew that they did. But now, having seen with my own eyes how it really happens I'm just left amazed! The wings are hidden, tucked in under a protective shell and can be pulled out and tucked back under at will. And the wings are so beautiful! Translucent and light but still strong enough to flap about 85 to 90 times per second!

The body of a Ladybug holds organs for digestion, respiration, and reproduction. And they breathe air like we do except that it enters through openings found on both sides of their abdomen and thorax.



Just amazing!

Psalm 65:8 " Those who live at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your wonders. From where the sun rises to where it sets, you inspire shouts of joy."

No comments: