April 15, 2009

My Photogenic Cat


Taboo is the name of this kitty cat. He is well loved, pampered, and all around adored. He is a Snowshoe cat and those eyes of his are really that blue. They seem to pop with color because of the contrast of his cute little black mask. :)
This is my all time favorite photo of him. It was evening and we get wonderful light in our living room at that time of day. He was just soaking in the rays on the windowsill when this photo was taken.

But I don't just enjoy looking at his eyes, oh no. I enjoy watching him sleep.


He's not playing in this photo, in fact, he's not even moving. He's asleep. Apparently this position is very comfortable.

Coming in from the outdoors one day I turned to see Taboo on the stairs. He was excited to feel the warm air when I opened the door. I had my camera in hand and he showed interest in a spontaneous photo shoot sooo...



He's such a photogenic cat! He even poses. He did this three times for me. What a trooper. :)


God is so good to me. Everything beautiful and good and healthy He has given to me... even this cat. Thanks God! :)

" He fills my life with good things, so that I stay young and strong like an eagle." Psalm 103:5

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I love these pics of your precious Taboo kitty. Too bad I'm allergic, I'd surely have a few of these lovely pets around the house to keep me company. I so appreciate your friendship & comments at the blog...every time I visit here, I'm blessed immensely, too. ♥

Hugs,
Vicki

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Interesting name for the cat. Is there a story there? Your new blog format is also very nice and appropriately bright for spring.

Sincerity said...

Vicki: So nice to have you visit! I'm sorry to hear about your allergies. I have a cousin and aunt who can't be near cats or dogs for the same reason.

Praise God for the blessings! Its an encouragement for all his children to hear how He uses us. :)

Mr. LGS: Taboo was given this name by his previous owners who were a sweet elderly couple. They had to move into a nursing home and couldn't bring their kitty with them.

My folks and I heard him crying in a cage at a pet store and only paid 45 dollars for him! These cats go for several hundred dollars!

But alas... we never learned why he was given such a neat name. I guess only Taboo knows. :)