December 12, 2008

The Promise of Christmas


I Don't Know Why

I don't know what He saw in me.
I don't understand why He clothed himself in flesh,
Why he lived like one of us,
Why He died for me.

I can't comprehend how deep His love goes.
I can't yet see why my life matters to Him,
Why He doesn't give up on me,
Why He wants to be with me.

God sent His only son, Jesus,
So that he could die in my place,
So that I could live with Him in Heaven.

I don't understand why... But I am so grateful,
So humbled,
So deeply yearning to see His face and say,
" Thank You... thank you, forever may I thank you."

Christmas, for me, is so much more than a happy holiday. Because I believe in Jesus as my savior Christmas holds the promise that one day I will have the chance to tell him " Thank you" for everything He did for me. Even when I didn't deserve any of it. Even when there is nothing I can do to ever repay Him.
The love He showed for me and anyone who believes in Him is so jaw-dropping awesome, so beyond anything this world could ever offer, that just seeing His face would satisfy me for all of eternity!
Maybe you know Jesus too. Maybe you don't. If not... I hope one day you find Him because once you do you are never the same. Praise God for the love He holds in His heart for you and me!

For God so loved the world that He gave his unique and only son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

3 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Amen and Hallelujah for God is with us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words on my blog.

I hope you have a very merry christmas, surrounded by your loved ones and may the upcoming year be filled with joy!

Sincerity said...

Mr LGS:

Very true!

algelic:

Your welcome and thank you for the well wishes! Have wonderful Christmas too.