October 06, 2012

Friday Fun


So I had my birthday this week and was pleasantly surprised by a group of friends who gave me a surprise birthday party!  The desert above was the awesome "cake" they gave me.  It was the most delicious sweet I have consumed in quite a while.

Of course I shared some with my friends too.  What's the fun of enjoying a good thing and keeping it all to yourself?  This photo doesn't show them but there was also edible glitter all over it.  Yum!

After a a good dinner and a great desert with friends and family we decided to leave our tips creatively.  You can bet that our servers got a kick out of it!  So much so that they displayed it at the front counter for everyone to see. :)







And as I strolled along downtown Lancaster streets I was happy to see so many people enjoying the beautiful weather.  It was First Friday and in Lancaster that is the most popular day to see the sights. There were all kinds of art craft stores and art galleries open to the public.  There were musicians playing at almost every corner and then there was this guy.




I really don't know what he was advertising but now I have proof when people ask me if I saw anything interesting downtown.  What do you call that vehicle he is sitting on?  A hummersine? I don't know.

Anyhow, this Friday was such a joy and encouragement for me.  My actual birthday was a sad one this year.  I think I spent half the day in tears because of relatives seeking to cause strife for no just reason.  It was so unexpected and so very hurtful. 

But God is good and He will work things out in His timing and in His own way.  I thank Him for bringing me joy regardless.  Meanwhile I will continue to pray for my relatives and lean on Him. 

I read Psalm 55 and 56 for comfort and support.  Not every verse in those chapters are applicable to the current situation but the ones that spoke to me the clearest are the following:

Psalm 55:6,7, + 22 
" And I say, 'O that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest; 
truly, I would flee far away; I would lodge in the wilderness; Selah.'
Cast all your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you;
He will never permit the righteous to be moved."

Psalm 56: 8 + 11
" You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your record?
In God I trust; I am not afraid. What can a mere mortal do to me?" 

Every day we live is a gift. And it doesn't matter if the day is a good one or a bad one because God is there.  May God bless you as you go through this week with Him.




10 comments:

joy said...

Happy birthday to you! I pray that god will continue to bless you in every area of your life. I lov ethe bible verses.
I share also my thoughts about God's words in my blog: willyouhearfromme.blogspot.com
Have a blessed week end!

T-Childs said...

I'm glad you had a lovely birthday and such nice friends to share it with. You wrote: 'What's the fun of enjoying a good thing and keeping it all to yourself?' If only everyone in the world thought like that! That's Christianity in a sentence!

It sounds like you live in a wonderful town that I'd like to see one day. Happy birthday and hope you have lots more!

Denise said...

So glad you enjoyed your birthday. That cake looks really delicious.

Brenda said...

Hi Sincerity,
happy {Belated} birthday greetings ! No need to ask how much you enjoyed it, I can see, and I love the little 'tip cup' (very clever). The 'sadness' due to the relatives is greatest within them themselves and I join you in prayer for them that they too will find the joy that is in Jesus.

BelovedBomber said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Sincerity said...

Joy: Thank you!

T-Childs: Thank you! My parents taught me at an early age that its better to share than to be selfish. I hope I continue to grow in this area in my life. :)
Lancaster is a beautiful place. I'm certain you would have a wonderful visit if you ever decided to drop in and see the sights.

Sincerity said...

Denise: Thank you. :) Yes, the cake was divine!

Brenda: It certainly was a happy, silly evening of fun. That tip cup was a big hit. :)

Thank you for your prayers. God has been moving quickly with my relatives. One of them came to my house wanting to make peace and pray with us.

Feelings are still raw but God can work those out in His time. Forgiveness is what I did even when I didn't necessarily feel it at the time.

Sincerity said...

BelovedBomber: Thank you! :D

Samantha Trice said...

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope your birthday was filled with excitement and fun!!!! And I awarded you on my blog

Sincerity said...

Samantha Trice: Thank you very much! :)