March 26, 2011

Tomorrow, A New Dawn



Psalm 139: 5-10 says, 

" You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is so high that I cannot attain it. 

Where can I go from your spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? 
If I ascend to heaven, you are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.  If I take the wings of the morning and settle at the farthest limits of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me and your right hand shall hold me fast."  

There is so much about life I do not understand.  There is so much in life I have yet to experience.  And sometimes life makes sense and other times it doesn't.  And sometimes life brings me joy and other times it brings me grief.  But no matter what tomorrow may be holding I know that God will never leave me.  I believe that His Word is truth and that He holds my every tomorrow just as He holds my yesterdays and today.

I think that sometimes I forget that fact.

The other day in my devotions I was wondering about eternal life and what it will be like.  Will heaven be everything I dreamed it will be?  So much more.  Will I be able to relate at a deeper level with all my loved ones and meet the Christians of the Bible?  Most definitely.

And as I read my Bible one of the verses stunned me. It answered my questions so profoundly and yet so simply.  The answers come from the mouth of Jesus himself.

John 17: 3 says,

" And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent."

There is so much mystery and awe in that one sentence.  Jesus was praying to God on behalf of his disciples.  And they were present with him, hearing this beautiful prayer.  I have no doubt that to know God and Jesus at such an intimate level will take an eternity of eternities to just get a small sliver of understanding about him!

Can you imagine? Part of why knowing God is so amazing to me is because it implies that I will be known so intimately too!  And I won't have to worry about saying the right things, or acting the right way, or what anyone thinks of me!  True freedom to just be me and I will be perfect!

I don't know about you but if I must suffer in this world for eighty years or so it is a small price to pay when compared to the joy waiting for me in eternity.  Easier said than done, I know.  When trials come it isn't always easy to go through them.  But He promises to be right there with me (and you) to prepare the way before I even arrive. 

How I long to be with Jesus.  Even to sit by His feet would be enough!

So... bring it on tomorrow.  I can face you with the strength God gives me through His love.  And you are no match.


2 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Encouraging post, thank you for sharing. Blessings.

Sincerity said...

Just Be Real: Praise the Lord for that! You're welcome and thank you for visiting. :)