September 11, 2008

A Picture of Patience



I've got a few hobbies that I like to spend time on. One of them is counted cross-stitching. I love how patterns have become so much more detailed over the years. The photo above is one of the patterns I completed when I was in grad school. When I felt like pulling my hair out with all the dead-lines, mid-terms, and performance exams I would take out all my colored threads and get to work on this pattern. Every color you see is thread. It took me a year to complete.

In order to finish any pattern of this magnitude you have to have a lot of patience. But when all the work is done... its definitely worth it. I have to iron this one out and get it framed. But I've been thinking about working on another pattern to give away to a friend... might be nice. Now... to find the time...


" He fills my life with good things! My youth is renewed like the eagle's!" Psalms 103:5

No comments: